We offer half day Manual Handling courses designed for both staff and management. This course will enable you to fully understand and comply with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 – helping you to avoid hazardous manual handling reducing the risk of injury in the workplace.
By the end of the course you should be competent with:
- Defining Manual Handling
- The Human Skeletal System
- Types of Manual Handling Injuries
- Lifting, Carrying & Maintaining Balance
- Kinetic Lifting Technique
- Legal Aspects – Manual Handling at Work
Teaching involves both presentations and tutorial sessions. Upon completion you will receive a Fife Training Services certificate.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for training in line with the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER 1998) for safety in the use of abrasive wheels.
Our course covers the following:
- Hazards and risks arising from the use of abrasive wheels and precautions
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels with their type, size and maximum operating speed
- How to store, handle and transport abrasive wheels
- How to inspect and test abrasive wheels for damage
- The functions of all the components used with abrasive wheels such as flanges, blotters, bushes and nuts etc
- How to assemble abrasive wheels correctly to make sure they are properly balanced and fit to use
- The proper method of dressing an abrasive wheel (removing dulled abrasive or other material from the cutting surface and/or removing material to correct any uneven wear of the wheel).
- The correct adjustment of the work rest on pedestal or bench grinding machines
- The use of suitable personal protective equipment
Choose Fife Group for all your training needs Call us to find out more on 01592 656595